Please note that our adoption policy may vary due to restrictions required by the current Covid 19 Policy. Please contact us at email@example.com, for advice about home or kennel visits.
If you would like to be considered for adopting one of the dogs in our care please follow our adoption process:
- Please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org As our charity is run entirely by volunteers many with full time jobs outside of RDR please be patient and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Some of our dogs prove very popular so we may receive numerous enquiries all which need to be responded to.
- Following initial contact, if appropriate we will then arrange for one of our volunteers to visit you and carry out an informal homecheck. Unfortunately we cannot rehome dogs without a successful homecheck being carried out by RDR and do ask that all members of the household are present when this is carried out. Our policy is that we will only rehome dogs within a 30 mile radius of the Malton area.
- Our dog co-ordinator will then contact you and where appropriate arrange for you to visit the dog at the kennels it is boarding at (please note RDR do not own their own kennels or visitors centre).
- If the meeting goes well you will be offered a 2-3 week home trial where the dog comes to stay with you as if it were your own dog in order to make sure that the dog settles and is happy and you are happy with the dog.
- During the trial our dog co-ordinator will keep in touch and if there are any teething problems hopefully these can soon be overcome. However the dog if needed can be returned to RDR at any point with prior notice.
- If all goes well on the trial one of our volunteers would visit you again to complete the adoption. You will then be given the dogs vaccination card and the microchip will be changed into your details.
- On completion of the adoption process, we ask for a minimum donation of £150.00
All RDR dogs are fully vaccinated (including kennel cough), wormed, de-flead and neutered (unless due to age this is to be arranged for a later date as a condition of adoption).
We strive to find the most appropriate forever homes for all our dogs where both dog and owner will be happy and fulfilled.